Beautiful, mystical gemstone pendulums. Always get yes or no answers from questions you might have. A pendulum works by converting energy back and forth, a bit like a rollercoaster ride. ...
Here are some helpful tips to use after you've learned how to use your pendulum.
- Always specify the source before asking questions. If you skip this step, your pendulum will default to your subconscious for answers and this is not the same as the higher self. At the beginning of each session, specify the source by saying, “I call upon the higher self to answer these questions. I seek only absolutely truthful answers, which are aligned with the highest and greatest good for all.” or words to this effect. Whether you say this out loud or inside your head is up to you.
- Cleanse the energy around and within you. You can do this by visualizing a cleansing shower of white light that envelopes you - or use a smudge stick.
- Quiet your mind (both before and while using your pendulum). Are you relaxed? If necessary, do a mini-meditation. "Mini" as in 30 to 60 seconds prior to beginning. Visualize a calm happy place that has no distractions – like a beach or forest. Visualize yourself sitting or laying peacefully in solitude, enjoying nature. Doing this sets the tone for your pendulum session and will provide a resting place for your conscious mind while you use your pendulum.
- Breathe. Slow steady breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth will calm and center you.
- Ground yourself. Visualize tree roots that connect your body to the earth. Allow these roots to penetrate deep into the earth's mantle, wrapping around large quartz crystals or if you like, beautiful gemstones.
- Be present - Do not multi-task. While you are using your pendulum, don't also be thinking about what's on your to-do list, or what sounds good for dinner tonight. Just focus on the task at hand and you can return to your normal state of multi-tasking when you are finished.
- Be patient. Allow the pendulum as much time as it needs to swing.
- Be objective. Recognize that neutrality is your friend. While it may be tempting to allow your conscious mind to influence the pendulum's answers, know that if it is allowed to exercise any influence, the outcome will be useless.
- Be unemotional. Using your pendulum when you are emotionally upset will yield unreliable results. Asking emotionally charged questions can make it difficult to stay grounded and objective and get good answers. You can do it, but you have to approach it calmly and be willing to set your emotional responses off to the side.
- Do not try to predict the outcome. Willingly or unwillingly, predicting or even just anticipating the pendulum's swing will sabotage your results. If you find yourself anticipating the outcome, it has the same effect as trying to predict. Here's a powerful trick to help you let go: Close your eyes. Keep them closed and look up. This little muscle exercise will temporarily short-circuit the conscious mind's involvement and bring you back to a neutral, unbiased state.
- To get a stronger response, say “respond louder please” or "be more clear".
- Cup your free hand underneath the weight stone to help focus energy.